Final updated 14 May 2019 – see all updates
- 1. Principal facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Information sources
- 5. Download the information
1. Principal facts and numbers
- In line with the 2011 Census, ladies and girls comprised 51% associated with populace of England and Wales, and guys and men composed 49%
- Many ethnic groups had approximately the same male and female populations
- There is a bigger feminine than male population in the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic teams, where ladies and girls made 53% for the populations that are respective
- There clearly was a bigger male than feminine populace into the Arab ethnic team, where males and men constructed 58% associated with the populace, and among individuals who recognized as some other ethnicity (54% males and guys)
The Census is planned and completed because of the workplace for National Statistics (ONS) any ten years in England and Wales. The Census that is last was in March 2011.
The Census may be the only study to give an in depth image of the entire populace of England and Wales. It creates it possible to compare various areas of the united states as all households are expected the exact same concerns russian brides club inside the exact same period of time.
When it comes to 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were published off to all or any households utilizing a specially developed national target register. Households could get back their questionnaire by post or complete it on the web. Census employees delivered questionnaires by hand to individuals located in domestic care houses, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile house areas, armed forces bases as well as other public establishments.
94% of households finished the 2011 Census. Of the, 97% replied the relevant concern about ethnicity.
This information stops working the populace of England and Wales by ethnicity and intercourse. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every cultural team.
The Census is held in England and Wales every ten years to get information on everyone located in the united states on a date that is specific.
The census offers the source that is only of comparable data both for tiny areas and minority populace teams across England and Wales.
The data the Census provides enables central and municipality, health authorities and lots of other organisations to prepare housing, training, health insurance and transportation solutions for decades in the future.
The Census works on the set that is standard of teams to get and classify ethnicity data.
The 2011 Census utilized 18 standardised cultural groups:
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other background that is asian
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Ebony British:
- Some other Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ history
Mixed / several ethnic teams:
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Some other Mixed / Multiple cultural history, please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Every other White background, please describe
Other group that is ethnic
- Virtually any cultural team
2. By ethnicity
|black colored African||48||52|
|Mixed White/Black African||50||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|